Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Crochet rag rug

Size Q (15.75mm) crochet hook (I tend to go up about two hook sizes when following crochet patterns, so you may want a smaller hook than I used)

Tshirt strips (I used 10 medium boys shirts for mine)

This is my 'recipe' for the rug I crocheted.  I hardly read crochet patterns, let alone write them, so please be kind 😊 

Chain 6, join the end to the beginning with a slip stitch

6dc into the circle

Ch2, 2dc into each dc from the previous row (12 dc)

Ch2, (1dc, 2dc) repeat around (18dc)

Ch2, (1dc, 1dc, 2dc) repeat around (24dc)


Continuing slowly increasing by working a dc in every 4th, every 5th, etc stitch until the rug is large enough or you run out of strips.





Need to learn how to make tshirt yarn?  Check out my previous blog post http://denknits.blogspot.com/2016/09/turning-tshirts-into-yarn.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment