Sunday, September 25, 2011

Awareness Ribbons Stitch Pattern

As October nears I am busy knitting up items with a Breast Cancer Awareness theme.  I searched for something that resembled the Awareness Ribbon shape and didn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I pulled out my new notebook of graph paper and got to work making my own stitch pattern.  It can be used for any kind of Awareness cause, just use yarn in the appropriate color.  I'm sharing the pattern here and on Ravelry for free.

This pattern is worked in multiples of 6 + 1.

R1: Knit
R2: *P1, K1, P3, K1, repeat from *, ending with P1
R3: K2, *P1, K1, P1, K3, repeat from *, ending with K2
R4: *P3, K1, P2, repeat from *, ending with P3
R5: K3, *P1, K5, repeat from *, ending with K3
R6: *P2, K1, P1, K1, P3, repeat from *, ending with P2
R7: K2, *P1, K1, P1, K3, repeat from *, ending with K2
R8: *P3, K1, P2, repeat from *, ending with P3
R9: K3, *P1, K5, repeat from *, ending with K3
R10: Knit

Repeat R1-R10 until desired length.


It's a somewhat subtle pattern, but it is recognizable as well.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment