Saturday, July 5, 2014

DenKnits 2.13 - Birthday Month!



Are you on Instagram?  Do you want a little inspiration for the pictures you post?  Join the #trelizgoesdenmoma #trelizpadc !  This is a challenge to post a picture a day based on a prompt that you choose from a list of over 30 that is a collaboration between myself and Lise, who also has a birthday this month :-)

Designing - Scrappy stripes, hats made with less than 50g of different scrap yarns; Asymmetricowls, simple knit cowls with bulky yarns and a button; these will both be available for FREE in July!  Scrappy stripes is up now!  Scrappy stripes will come back with an accessory to go with the hat and Asymmetricowls will be back on the Square market shop as a kit

Finished Objects - Besides the hats and cowls I made a chemo cap for a virtual friend's friend

Works in Progress (still?!?) - Bonny by Tincanknits out of Dragonfly Fibers Squishy Lace; Blanket from log cabin squares; new cast-on Harvest by Tincanknits out of Encore Worsted Tweed for The High Fiber Diet's Autumnal Equinox KAL

Giveaway coming!  CoggieTM has offered up her soon to be released cowl pattern which I test knit for a podcast giveaway

Acquisitions - LYS final closing sale, 7 skeins of Encore Worsted Tweed for the Harvest sweater, 2 Tshirt cakes, 3 skeins of Encore Worsted Colorspun, 3 Jojoland Tonic for KISSy the sheep by CoggieTM, a locally made skein and an over 8oz ball of 80% wool/20% silk green fiber

Spinning - Set aside the Lunabud batt to begin the newly acquired green fiber as a possible gift for a (perhaps not capital 'K'?) knitter MIL whose birthday was in less than a week!  I finished singles of over half the ball and 2-plied until one bobbin was clean and the 2nd had less than half.  The skein has been soaked, thwacked and dried, to be gifted today if I can part with it!

Summer top KAL winner (by default) is Orange-Maid!  Congrats to Helen, we will work out a prize for you :-)

Available for swap or sale - Blog post has all my currently available to ship finished items that are available for sale, barter or swap.  I'm still collecting squares, preferrably crochet but I would love knit also, to put together for a fun blanket.  I am also trying to par down my current stock to make room for some more 'boutique' style items as I move from Etsy to Square Market.

Share with the DenKnits group - Project pages on Ravelry give you the option to share with groups you are a member of, share with the DenKnits group because I love seeing the finished objects!  Besides being inspiring to myself and others, they might win you a little something as part of my sharing the birthday love!

No comments:

Post a Comment