Monday, July 21, 2014

DenKnits 2.14 Hooked!


Celebrate my birthday with a FREE pattern or two...  Scrappy Stripes and Asymmetricowl are both free until the end of July.  Scrappy Stripes will come back with a matching mitts pattern included and Asymmetricowl will be available for paid download on Ravelry or as a kit at my Square Market shop!

Finished Objects - Log Cabin Blanket is completely finished!

Works in Progress - Bonny; Harvest; Leaf lace scarf of my design out of Darn Good Yarn Silk Cloud yarn

Hooked - I finally learned crochet!  Stashless podcast is having a New Discoveries Craft along so I was trying to learn this and debcquilts realized I might be left handed!  She sent me YouTube links to naztazia's channel for left hand crochet and I learned immediately.  I also used a link from ewecreekcottage for Granny Squares from iknitwithcatfur's YouTube channel.  My cousin also told me of a great channel for learning crochet, CrochetGeek on YouTube, who has videos for left and right hand crochet.  thehighfiberdiet was my back up for an in person lesson should I need it but I was successful with videos.  Thanks also to jadee666 and someryarns for cheering me on via Instagram :-)

Spinning - Finished the remaining ~2oz green fiber ball from the LYS, got presoak yardage of over 200yds in a 2-ply; Onto the last color of the Lunabud gradient batt, hoping to learn navajo ply for a 3-ply keeping the colors together

Designing - Working on items for FiberAddiction for upcoming fiber events.  Wool and Wine is at the end of July and Michigan Fiber Fest in August.  My free Twisted Rib Fingerless Mitts pattern is being extended and a shop sample was knit up in the Therapy base.  My Owl Netbook Pattern and Formulas has been revised to include iPad dimensions and a heavy worsted weight yarn, Emily's Medicated base.  This will also be a booth sample for her and she will have the pattern for sale.  Currently working through a hat design new for her in her sock base.

For sale, swap or barter - Still have items available for sale, swap or barter.  Some items are gone but they can be re-knit and current items can be requested in different colors and so on.  I've received many crochet squares from Akhila that are all amazing!  I look forward to a couple more packages of squares and would love to have more!

Thanks to everyone that shares their finished objects with the group!  Since I'm not doing a KAL and we are celebrating, I did a drawing from all the shared items so far (excluding people who are no longer group members).  If you shared more than 5 items you're name was put in the bag twice!  The two winners are chikwithyarn who is Donna from Wichita and KristiRose, Kristi from Louisiana.  Congrats!  Your options are either a $5 or less Ravelry download or a package of something fun we can decide on.  I look forward to doing this again in August.

I forgot to mention, and how could I?, that the Asymmetricowl was at the top of the "Hot Right Now" patterns on Ravelry!  Thanks to woolsundae for bringing it to my attention :-)

Sara Pomegranate from the Yarns at Yin Hoo podcast is having a craft along for all things asymmetrical!  My cowl is perfect for this so I let her know and she shared it with her listeners :-). Thanks Sara!  Love her idea of using handspun for this cowl!



No comments:

Post a Comment