Sunday, November 26, 2017

Indie Designer Gift-a-long 2017 - Foot & Leg Things

When it comes to this category, I don't have much to contribute...  almost all of my socks are plain vanilla, no patterns for me!  I did manage to find four designs that were worth favoriting for my purposes.

My very favorite (and already on the needles!) are the Thrumbelina aran weight knit slippers.  These slippers also use roving, to make thrumbs.  I've never done this technique before but these slippers would be perfect for gifts.  There are plans to make FIVE pairs, but to be sure I understood the technique, I started the pair for myself.  These should be a quick knit, but making thrumbs is a little tricky.  I think they'd make a good PT exercise for those with wrist problems (yeh, like me).  So my plan is to make as many thrumbs as I can manage and then knit with those until I run out.  Back and forth should give my wrists a break from monotony. 

Another fun and quick slipper pattern, Strange Jewels Slippers are knit up with super bulky weight yarn.  These also don't use much yardage and might be nice for handspun.

The deep roots leg warmers are knit up with worsted weight yarn.  Utilizing just knits and purls, you can create these cozy leg warmers or boot cuffs.  I love the idea of making them long enough for leg warmers but still wearing them under boots and folding the cuff down.

A more traditional boot cuff, in my mind, should have a little lace.  The Old English Lace Boot Cuffs are perfect.  They are knit up with fingering weight weight yarn, but boot cuffs in any yarn weight can be a quick knit!

Have you found some neat Foot & Leg Things?  Share, share share!  And if you're making any, be sure to pop onto the Foot & Leg Things thread and tell about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment