Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Indie Designer Gift-a-long 2017 - New Fav Designer


Guess what?  I can't pick just one :-D  Over the course of looking through all the designs available in the Indie Gift-a-long, I ended up favoriting 8 designers!  These are not necessarily my favorites to actually make, but they just have some amazing designs.  In no particular order, check out these knit and crochet designers...

Irina Tarasova has designs for THE MOST ADORABLE bunny and outfits!  This bunny is pretty cute, but the outfits really knock it out of the park.  I think my fav would be Set in Boho Style (pictured left).  The patterns appear to combine knitting and crochet so be sure you know both! 






This is one that I'm just admiring, I haven't made or purchased anything.  That being said, these are pricey patterns that appear to be very detailed according to the description.  I did see some comments from a buyer that it was not all they expected but there are also some very happy bunny's!

Elizabeth Felgate had a few knit designs that caught my eye... but this hat, Hick City, is one I've looked at again and again.  It's perfectly slouchy and lose which I like for my curly hair.  We must not overlook some other designs she has that are ingenious!  The Gaugeless SweaterGaugeless Lady Cardigan and Gaugeless Cardigan 2.  The name may give them away, but you can make any of these with any yarn and needle combination with no gauge calculation required.  I really like the stitch used for the shoulders and arms on the Gaugeless Sweater.  The Gaugeless Lady Cardigan has a bit of a shawl look from the back, with three increase eyelets sections running down it, while the Gaugeless Cardigan 2 has a more traditional cardi look.


 Up next, Nim Teasdale who caught my eye with her gorgeous lace shawls.  I'm not much for lace knitting these days but some day I'd love to make one!  I think the The Peacock's Tale is the one I'd go for and the gradient yarn used is the perfect effect.










Emily Ross is not really new to me, not that I actually knew that to start with...  she is the designer behind the Haruni Shawl, a free pattern that has over 10,000 projects!  She has a bunch of other knit lace shawl designs that are beautiful, as well as many Haruni inspired patterns.  While I really love all the shawls, my favorite is probably the Haruni Cowl for its easy wearability.

While little toys look easy to make and I'm always drawn to them... I know they're fiddly and usually don't end up making many.  That doesn't mean I can't admire the designs by cheezombie.  There are knit and crochet items which is nice, as I am more likely to try a crochet toy.  My favorite though, is a little knit sheep, the Sheepish Toy Pattern

Crochet peacock items?  Yes please!  Look no further than Christa Veenstra.  There is an amazing array of different things with different style peacock 'feathers' such as a stool cover or bookmark.  I'm hard pressed to find a favorite among these, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Peacock Feather Motif Art Nouveau mostly because I love the color scheme used on the pattern page. 

Kari-Helene Rane has some real fashionable designs, which would make sense as she is a fashion designer.  You get a real sense of her style looking through her designs.  She has a range of knit accessories and garments for adults and children.  While it would be a commitment at 1500-2200 yards of sport weight yarn, the Maddie Dress is simple yet effective.







Another designer that I didn't know I knew, because often times designs are popular by their name and the designer gets lost, Mary Annarella is the designer behind Shleeves and Stranger Things Cowl.  Those are great representations of the knit designs she tends to create, garments and colorwork.  While I do like those two items, I'm more drawn towards the Funicular.  This hat seems a great way to do some simple colorwork and short rows, just think of all the color combos!

Have you made anything from these designers?  Or maybe you just discovered them too?  Have you found some new favorite designers too?

No comments:

Post a Comment