Sunday, August 31, 2014

DenKnits 2.17 I loved it so much I needed to cast on

Two of my most recent spinning projects quickly turned into knitting projects this time around!



Works in Progress - WIPs

Finished Objects - FOs
Spinning
Spinning DVDs - DriveBy Review
Bergere de France - Yarn sample book
  • Get your own free catalouge that includes
    • Images of their patterns
    • Tools and notions
    • Images of their yarns and some pages have real yarn samples!
  • If you like to be inspired or see what's hot next check this great freebie out!
Acquisitions
  • A better late than never birthday box from Karen aka stashless aka havfaith
    • Dryer balls with lavender scented sachet - 7 balls keep my super full loads of laundry static free and smelling faintly of lavender (so I can enjoy but the boys won't complain!)
    • Hand sewn bag perfect for a one skein or small skein(s) project as well as sock knitting with cute two colored pull strings
    • Cast on Bind Off by Leslie Ann Bestor this book is great!  There are images of every cast-on and bind-off from different angles so you can pick one that looks just how you want, either to match or for a design element... And if you think you know all the cast-on or bind-offs you need, it's still useful because of the images!
  • Cable Print bag ordered from SilviSherr of My Pink Boots
    • Larger bag, can hold 3-4 worsted skeins easily and I fit a half sweater in too!  It has a draw string and toggle to keep it closed and excellent craftsmanship.
  • More crochet 'squares' that aren't really square at all from yarnballkiki7, Akhila.  Love them all as usual but one is more intriguing to the novice crocheter in me :-)
Designing - Darn Good Yarn
  • New design on the needles may be a big one!  Out of reclaimed sari silk ribbon, this garment is working up fairly quickly on size 15 needles but I can't share too much yet :-)  
  • I also received several skeins of other yarns that will become designs for Darn Good Yarn very soon!
Thanks for watching and joining me on the Ravelry group and/or subscribing on YouTube!  While I usually try to make the podcast shorter (30 mins or less) I've noticed that my longer eps are being watched by just as many.  So I did not overly edit this one in the hopes that it is enjoyable as it is, even though it's over 30 mins.  I get too much done in two weeks time to consistently be under 30 I guess :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment